Performance is in our blood, which is why we strive to provide our customers with the best performing and most reliable systems on the market. We know that you work hard for every dollar you make, which is why you must get the most bang for your buck when installing a new air conditioner. We install Trane cooling and heating systems because they have over 120 years of heating and cooling. Trane puts every system through rigorous stress tests to ensure they perform under the most extreme conditions. Trane products are efficient, long-lasting, and America’s most reliable HVAC systems. If it’s time to upgrade your AC, call us for a consultation in Twain Harte.
Don’t let money stop you from getting a much-needed AC installation. We have many financing options to help.
Signs You Need AC Replacement
Replacing your air conditioner is an expensive and inconvenient task that most Twain Harte homeowners would like to put off for as long as possible. However, eventually, you’ll have to bite the bullet and spring for a new system because these machines don’t last forever. Here are three signs that your air conditioner is getting close to the end of its useful life.
- Age - Every machine has a limited lifespan, and your air conditioner is no different. With regular maintenance, the average air conditioner should last about 15 years. If your system is nearing or at that mark, consider replacing it before it fails.
- Frequent & Expensive Repairs – If you’ve ever had an old car that you constantly poured money in to keep it going for another month, then you know how frustrating it is to throw money at a machine that’s never going to get any better. If you find that you’re frequently repairing your old air conditioner, stop throwing money into that pit and put it towards a new, more efficient system.
- Your AC Has Become Inefficient – As your air conditioner reaches the end of its lifespan, it loses efficiency, which means it uses more energy to do its job than it did before. Using excess energy puts wear and tear on the unit and causes your energy bills to skyrocket.
The good news is that replacing your old air conditioner is easier than you think, especially with our financing options. Contact us today to find out if it’s time to replace your air conditioner and which system is right for you.
The Importance of AC Maintenance
Like your car, your air conditioner benefits from routine maintenance. However, many homeowners don’t give a second thought to their air conditioners until they stop working on a hot summer day.
So, here are just a few of the benefits of regular air conditioner maintenance.
- Less Strain on the System – If you have clogged ducts or air filters, it impedes airflow into the system, making it work harder, thus putting more wear and tear on it. The harder the system works to do its job, the more quickly it will break down.
- Better Air Quality – Keeping your air conditioner clean means you get better air quality. The fewer amounts of bacteria, dander, allergens, and debris that flow through your home, the easier everyone breathes.
- Increased Comfort – When you keep your air conditioner tuned up, it gives you more precise control over the temperature, which means everyone is more comfortable.
If you’ve never had your air conditioner tuned up by a professional, call the experts in Twain Harte – Performance Based Heating & Air.
Top Tips for Maintaining Your Air Conditioner
Now that you know why maintaining your AC is important, let’s talk about what you can do to keep it in tip-top shape.
- Change or clean your air filters at least once a month.
- Check the outside unit and clear away plants, bushes, weeds, leaves, and other debris that might restrict airflow.
- Check the drain line for clogs and algae growth.
- Get a programmable thermostat to get more precise control over when your system kicks on instead of running it all day when you’re not home.
- Schedule to have a professional HVAC technician come and perform a tune-up in the spring.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your air conditioner runs all summer efficiently and reduce the chance of a significant system failure. Contact Performance Based Heating & Air to find out more.
Read through our case studies to find out why our brands are the best options for your home.
When to Call for AC Repair
Not every air conditioner issue requires a call to an AC repair company, but sometimes the longer you wait, the worse the problem becomes, and the more expensive it is to fix it. Here are a few signs that you shouldn’t ignore.
- Warm Air – Perhaps the most obvious sign that your air conditioner is failing is when it starts blowing warm air or if you can’t get the air as cold as you like. Warm air could mean that the refrigerant is low, or it could be a failing compressor.
- Weak Airflow – If the flow of air coming out of the vents is weak or ceased altogether, it could be an issue in your ductwork or with the compressor.
- Foul Odors – If you have musty smells coming out of your AC, it may be that mold is growing inside the ducts. The odor of something burning could mean a wiring malfunction.
- Strange Sounds – Most HVAC systems produce a muted humming sound during operation, which is normal. However, if you hear sounds like banging, squealing, or grinding, it’s time to call in a professional for help ASAP.
[serviceareareviewcombo city="Twain Harte" state="CA" reviewcount="5" checkincount="5"]