Whether you have an electric, gas, or oil furnace, you must keep it well-maintained, so it performs as needed and lasts as long as possible. One of the best things you can do is call a Sonora furnace service company in the fall for a furnace tune-up. Our technicians will ensure the system is working at optimum efficiency and fix any minor problems along the way. Contact us today for an estimate.
Our heating services take care of all of your heating repair needs.
Five Common Signs You Need Furnace Repair
As winter approaches, you rely more on your furnace as the nights grow colder. When temperatures dip, you must have a furnace that can keep up with your heating demands. To ensure your furnace is ready to battle Old Man Winter, watch out for these warning signs that say you need to call a furnace repair company ASAP.
- The Home isn’t Comfortable – Are you shivering even though the heater is on? Are there cold spots around the house? Does the air coming out feel warm and not hot? When your heater can’t produce the heat desired to make you comfortable as before, it’s a sure sign that something is wrong. The problem may be a failing thermostat or parts.
- Rising Energy Bills – If you notice that your energy bills rise every month when using your furnace, it could mean that the system isn’t as efficient as it used to be. Inefficiency means that your system is working harder and using more energy than it did in the past to keep you warm.
- The Furnace Makes Unusual Sounds – While the typical furnace makes some noise when starting up and shutting down, you should keep your ears open for sounds like banging, thumping, squealing, whistling, or rattling. Unusual sounds happen for various reasons, so it’s wise to call in a professional to diagnose the problem quickly.
- Increased Dust – If you have issues with the furnace’s blower, it could decrease the amount of air pressure that’s forced through the ductwork; the result is an increase in dust in the ducts and vent covers.
- Carbon Monoxide – Residents with gas furnaces should have carbon monoxide detectors around the house to monitor this deadly gas. If one of the detectors goes off, don’t ignore the warning. Get out of the house and call a furnace service company right away.
When it comes to furnace problems, it’s always better to fix them sooner rather than later. Waiting will likely make the problem worse, which means a more expensive repair.
Advantages of a Furnace Tune-up
When winter is on the way, it’s always a good idea to call a furnace maintenance service to have your furnace tuned up. Regular furnace tune-ups and maintenance offers several advantages, including:
- Cleaning & Inspecting – During a routine tune-up, a technician cleans and inspects the furnace. Inspection allows them to find minor issues and fix them before they develop into severe problems down the road.
- Thorough Testing – Once the heater is cleaned and inspected, the technician then tests the system to ensure it’s working correctly and blowing hot air. Many tests involve cycling the furnace on and off to ensure proper function. Lastly, the tech checks to ensure all parts are well-lubricated and in good working order.
- Checking Fuel Lines – For those with gas furnaces, you must check the fuel lines for blockage signs. A blocked fuel line not only impedes your furnace’s performance but it puts your home at risk of fire.
- Peace of Mind – Perhaps the most significant advantage of regular tune-ups is that you have peace of mind knowing that your furnace is in top shape and ready to serve you without issue all winter long.
Don’t forget to call us for all of your air conditioning installation needs.
Why We Recommend Trane Furnaces
We service virtually every furnace brand, but when a resident needs to replace an aging system, we recommend Trane over any other brand, and here’s why.
Trane gas furnaces are explicitly designed with precise temperature control in mind to ensure they run efficiently and save you money. Trane offers various models depending on the user’s needs – from one-stage, two-stage and modulating designs, you’re guaranteed to get the perfect system for your home.
Another reason we recommend Trane is the reliability of these systems. Trane furnaces undergo rigorous testing to ensure they can stand up to the demanding work users require year in and out.