As a homeowner, every dollar you spend on home improvements must count. You demand the best value for your hard-earned money, especially when considering an air conditioning replacement.
At Performance Based Heating & Air, we install Trane air conditioners because they have the reputation of being America’s most reliable HVAC system. Trane has been in business for over 120 years, and its products are reliable, efficient, and time-tested.
To find out which model is best for your needs, call us for a consultation.
5 Signs You Need to Replace Your Air Conditioner
If summer is approaching, you want to make sure your air conditioner is ready to deliver the comfort you and your family need as the temperatures rise. Once a year, experts recommend that you schedule a tune-up to ensure everything is in tip-top shape.
However, if you have an older AC unit, watch out for these telltale signs that it’s time to replace it.
- Poor Air Flow – If you turn on your AC and don’t get adequate air flow, or if the air never gets as cold as it should despite what the thermostat says, it’s a sure sign that the system is in trouble.
- Moisture Buildup – It’s common for your air conditioner to create moisture; however, if you notice excess moisture pooling around the unit, it could be a refrigerant leak, which requires repair or replacement unit ASAP.
- Unusual Sounds – Is your air conditioner making more noise than usual? Is it making sounds you’ve not heard before, such as squealing or grinding? While some noise is common during operation, these sounds are signs that something is wrong.
- Foul Odors – Like unusual sounds, if you notice foul odors coming out of your AC vents, it could be a few issues such as burned wires or mold that’s built up in your ducts.
- Increase in Energy Bills – When your usage hasn’t changed, but your energy bills continue rising, it could be that your old air conditioner has lost its efficiency and needs replacing.
If it’s time to spring for a new air conditioner, call us and let us show you how much better a Trane AC installation can be.
What to Look for in an AC Installation Company
When you need to hire an AC contractor, you have plenty of choices in the Sonora area. Before you commit to one, remember these tips during your search.
There are too many factors to consider when you need a new AC system or repair, which means that the contractor must come to your house to assess your needs.
Another thing to look for is a contractor with experience and a good track record of satisfied customers. While experience doesn’t always mean the contractor you hire will do a good job, companies with years of business under their belt usually do something right.
Lastly, and most importantly, make sure the contractor you hire has the proper licensing from the Contractors State License Board. Many contractors claim to be licensed but are operating under the radar. You have too much invested in your home to risk hiring a company that doesn’t have the proper certifications and insurance.
Don’t forget to take care of your heater before winter arrives. Contact us for all of your heating needs.
How Long Should Your Air Conditioner Last?
No one likes the thought or expense of replacing their HVAC system; however, your AC has a finite lifespan like every appliance. Depending on how hard you run it and your maintenance schedule frequency, your air conditioner should provide many years of hassle-free service.
The average air conditioner lasts between 10 and 15 years, so if your system is reaching the upper limit of its lifespan, plan for a replacement soon.