At Performance Based Heating & Air, we specialize in Trane air conditioner installation and repair and service all makes and models. Whether you need annual AC maintenance and tune-up, or a new AC installation, call the company with over two decades of service – Performance Based Heating & Air.
An AC refrigerant leak can be dangerous. Contact us for effective AC refrigerant leak repair at the first sign of trouble.
Why AC Maintenance is so Crucial
Replacing an air conditioner is expensive and inconvenient, especially if you have to do it every few years. Just like you wouldn’t go without changing your car’s oil and brake pads, so too should you schedule regular maintenance for your air conditioner. Here are just a few of the benefits of scheduling routine air conditioner maintenance.
- Saves Money – Routine maintenance helps you find and fix minor problems before they grow into costly repairs in the future. Regular maintenance and tune-ups also keep your AC running efficiently, which reduces your energy bills. Lastly, regular maintenance ensures that your air conditioner will last as long as possible, which means you won’t have to spring for a new system as frequently.
- Improved Air Quality – You may be shocked to find out that the air inside the house is often more polluted than the air outside. Levels of airborne pollutants can often be 2-5 times higher indoors than out. So, if you have family members who suffer from allergies, you can reduce their symptoms by keeping your air conditioner clean and well-maintained. Also, if the home smells musty, you may have mold in your air ducts, which can be cleaned as part of your maintenance routine.
- Improves Comfort – You depend on your air conditioner to keep your family comfortable all summer long. Regular maintenance ensures that the system distributes cold air evenly throughout the house, so you don’t end up with some rooms that are too hot and others too cold.
If you’ve never scheduled an AC tune-up, call the experts at Performance Based Heating & Air today.
When to Call for AC Repair Services
It’s laudable to fix things around the house yourself; it helps you save money, and it’s more convenient than having to wait for a repair tech for an appointment. However, with an air conditioner, repairs are best left to a trained professional. Here are the most common problems you’ll run into that require the help of a pro.
- Low Air Flow – One of the most obvious signs that something is wrong with your air conditioner is when the air flow gets weak or completely stops. The good news is this problem usually doesn’t mean you need to replace your system, rather it may be an issue with the compressor or ductwork that needs cleaning.
- AC Blows Warm Air – Related to the problem above, sometimes the air conditioner blows warm air regardless of the thermostat setting. There are various causes for this problem and it’s best diagnosed by a pro.
- Your System Makes Strange Noises – A typical air conditioner makes a little noise during operation, but if you suddenly hear a high-pitched squealing, buzzing, or banging, it’s a sign that your AC is in trouble and that you must call in a professional for repairs.
- Foul Odors Coming Out of the Vents – If musty or moldy odors come out of your AC vents, it could mean that your ducts need cleaning. If you smell a burning odor, it could be the wiring inside that’s burning.
- Higher Electric Bills – Have you noticed that your electric bills are steadily rising? If you’ve not changed your usage habits, but notice an increasing bill, your air conditioner could be the culprit. As air conditioners age, they become less efficient, which means they must work harder to keep your home as cool as before, translating to higher electric bills.
Our experts have the training to fix virtually any AC problem on any make or model. Call us today for an appointment.
If you don’t think you can get adequate cooling without ductwork, contact us and ask about installing a ductless mini split AC system.
When to Call for AC Tune-up
Do you remember the last time you called for an air conditioner tune-up? If the answer is no, chances are you’ve never had it done. Keeping your air conditioner well maintained is critical to its performance and longevity, which is why it’s smart to call for a tune-up once a year.
Many experts recommend calling for maintenance and a tune-up in the spring so you know that the system will be ready to perform once summer arrives. Also, schedule this service as early in the season as you can because the closer summer gets, the busier your local AC service company gets.