At Performance Based Heating & Air, we have decades worth of experience installing and servicing virtually every make and model of furnace, heater, and HVAC system. If it’s time for a new system, contact us and let us show you why we exclusively install Trane HVAC units today.
Our case studies show you how we’ve helped customers just like you!
Don’t Ignore the Warning Signs Signaling You Need a Heating Replacement
If you have an older furnace or heater, you may be wondering whether it’s best to replace it now or see how long you can ride it out. While most heaters don’t suddenly fail, they give subtle warning signs that things aren’t right – warning signs you shouldn’t ignore, such as:
- Higher Energy Bills – If you notice that your energy bills are steadily rising, it could be an indication that your furnace is failing. As your furnace ages, it loses efficiency, which means it works more challenging to do its job and ends up costing you more money.
- Lack of Comfort – If your furnace can no longer keep up with your heating demands, it may be reaching the end of its life.
- Excessive Repairs – If you find that you’re scheduling furnace repairs more frequently, it’s better to save that money and put it towards a new HVAC system rather than keep an aging one going.
- Yellow Flame – The flame in your gas furnace should burn blue; however, if it’s yellow, it could be that the system is producing too much carbon monoxide, which can be hazardous to your health.
If you experience any of the above problems or any other out-of-the-ordinary issues with your furnace or heater, don’t wait and hope it fixes itself. Call Performance Based Heating & Air for expert furnace repair service.
How to Maintain Your Furnace or Heater
Regular furnace maintenance is crucial to the efficient operation and long lifespan of your system. While it’s wise to schedule maintenance and a tune-up from a trusted HVAC contractor once a year, there are some things you can do to keep your system in tip-top condition.
- Clean or Replace the Filter – The heater or furnace filter plays a crucial role in helping your system run smoothly. A dirty air filter impedes airflow, which causes your system to work harder to do its job. When the system works harder, it wears out more quickly. Changing or cleaning the filter is easy and only takes a few minutes. Most experts recommend changing this once a month.
- Check the Blower Motor – The blower motor drives the fan that moves air through the heat exchanger, which warms the air you get in your home. The blower motor contains a lot of moving parts, which can wear out over time. Listen to the motor during operation. If you hear any grinding or scraping, call a professional ASAP.
- Reduce Your Home’s Heating Load – As mentioned, the less work your heater has to do, the longer it lasts. An easy way to lower your energy bills and take some stress off your heater is to identify sources of heat loss in your home and correct them. Adding insulation also helps your home keep the heat in, thus reducing the work your heater must perform.
- Make Sure the Vents Are Clear – For your system to work correctly, the air must flow freely throughout the system and your house. Check the vents for obstructions like toys, clothes, or furniture. Blocked vents mean your furnace works harder, which makes it wear out more quickly.
Contact us for an estimate today!
Why We Recommend Trane Heaters & Furnaces
While the pros at Performance Based Heating & Air service all makes and models of HVAC systems, today, we exclusively install Trane systems, and here’s why.
Trane designs their gas and oil furnaces with efficiency and precise temperature control in mind. Trane offers one-stage, two-stage, and modulating furnaces so you can find the perfect fit for your heating needs.
Also, Trane puts every system 16 weeks of bone-chilling cold and blistering heat in two-week sessions to ensure they work reliably in virtually any climate. Trane’s testing is so thorough; they guarantee their units to be reliable in almost every temperature.